Support Staff Opportunity
POSTED: Aug 14, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
COMPETITION # SS-2017-44
CUSTODIANS - CASUAL/ON CALL
Apply to this posting if you are interested in Casual/On-Call work as a Custodian
Salary starts at $19.10/hr at Step 1, plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
Summary of Duties:
The job description for Custodian-Secondary is noted below, as it outlines the minimum requirements for casual/on-call custodian. Reporting to the afternoon Shift Supervisor, the Custodian is responsible for the performance of a variety of cleaning and minor maintenance tasks, in and around the assigned facility, in accordance with established procedures, as set out in the Custodians Manual.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Graduation
- Building Service Worker Certificate
- Valid BC Drivers Licence
- Self-starter with ability to organize daily tasks and work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral) skills
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties (including climbing ladders and scaffolds)
OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Boiler Operators Certificate
- Previous experience in the maintenance of commercial or school buildings
- Basic Computer Skills (e-mail)
- Building Service Management Course
- Fire Safety Course
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume via www.makeafuture.ca under West Vancouver Schools. Please note that email and fax applications will not be accepted. Please visit the Job Opportunities page on www.westvancouverschools.ca for more details on the application process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful applicants not currently employed by West Vancouver Schools are required to sign a “consent for Criminal Record Search” to permit a criminal record review.