COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIAN (Temporary)
The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District No. 83 invites qualified individuals to apply for our Temporary Computer Network Technician position. This is a temporary 16 Hours per week CUPE union position, and the rate of pay is $32.85 per hour for 12 months of a year. The effective date September 8, 2020, until return of incumbent or services no longer required.
The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is a widely dispersed district which includes the five major communities of Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Sorrento, Enderby, and Armstrong. The school district provides educational support for 5,900 K-12 students in twenty-two schools with a professional staff of more than 1,200 employees. The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is committed to enhancing a positive work environment for staff and a dynamic and supportive educational experience for students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the use of educational and administrative computers within the District.
- Installation, troubleshooting of various computer platforms including Linux.
- Provide in-service to staff regarding the use of software programs.
- Frequent heavy lifting is required.
- Working overhead, under desks, on ladders and in cramped spaces is a component of this position.
- Willingness to assume “Help Desk” duties.
The above job description reflects the principal functions of the job. Other comparable or transient duties which are within the areas of knowledge and skills required by the job description may also be assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 and two year diploma in Computer Technology.
- Two year demonstrated experience in network design, implementation and management skills to support a variety of computer operating systems, including Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge/skill to install, configure and maintain common network infrastructure, computer hardware and Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate solutions and demonstrate use of instructional and productivity software to district staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide solutions orientation to technology problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with technology staff.
- Commitment to continuous professional growth.
- Extensive keyboarding is a major requirement for this position.
Further information with respect to this position can be obtained by contacting Stephen Ollinger, Manager of Information Services at (250) 832-2157.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume with full supporting documents (proof of qualifications must accompany application), including three professional references to www.makeafuture.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER