The North Vancouver School District is accepting applications from qualified Secondary Learning Services Teachers with demonstrated successful experience in Special Education.
Working with students who require additional support, you will be responsible for using Ministry Special Education criteria to design, implement, monitor, and adjust adapted and/or modified programs in collaboration with all stakeholders.
In addition to having a BC Teachers' Certificate, you must have:
- a Masters Degree or Diploma in Special Education
- training and experience in Level B Assessment
- ability to conduct Functional Assessment of Behaviour
- ability to use Applied Behavioural Analysis approaches with students with complex autism, and
- experience in creating extensive Individualized Education Plans
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a BC Teaching Certificate
- Membership with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch, or eligible for
- The successful candidate must be, or become, a member of the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association and the BC Teachers’ Federation.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Earnings range from $45,229 - 87,352 per annum for full time work (pro-rated for part time), depending on the TQS category and experience level of the teacher.
Teachers are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
NOTE: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who possess the required qualifications as mentioned above will be contacted. Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of applications.