Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
FULL-TIME PAYROLL COORDINATOR
Under the general direction of the Assistant Payroll Manager, provide a full range of Payroll/Human Resources Support Services to employees within the District. The candidate will be directly responsible for the accurate and timely operation of the Payroll/Human Resources Support Services function and provide supervision to the staff involved.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- completed Grade 12
- completed the Canadian Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification;
- completed the Canadian Payroll Association Payroll Manager Certification (consideration may be given to those actively pursuing a CPM certification);
- six (6) years recent experience preparing, processing and maintaining a variety of payroll and benefit packages in a unionized environment, preferably within a school district;
- knowledge and experience with various payroll software programs;
- demonstrated ability to supervise and co-ordinate staff;
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with employees, including administrative staff, teaching staff, support staff, and other departments, as well as various government departments and benefit carriers;
- excellent working knowledge of payroll records and procedures;
- excellent organizational skills to ensure that work is performed in a logical sequence to provide accuracy within established time frames;
- knowledge and experience with word processing skills;
- ·net typing speed of fifty (50) words per minute.
- be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision;
- work well within a team environment;
- be able to assist in the interpretation of the multiple collective agreements as it relates to the Payroll/Human Resources Support Services function;
- understand how the payroll system integrates with the accounting system.
Applicants will be expected to:
- maintain a high quality of work including accuracy and dependability;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) unionized position offering a wage rate of $29.97 per hour, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended health and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online complete with cover letter, resume outlining relevant background, work experience, and 3 references.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.