Student Resource Department Head/Curriculum Advisor
Notre Dame Regional Secondary, Vancouver, BC
Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (CISVA)
- Supervise student services department staff (special education teachers and EAs)
- Coordinate student programing; course schedules and EA support
- Manage student services department budget
- Implement learning assistance referral process
- Ensure assessments are completed for screening, diagnostic and progress monitoring purposes
- Create and implement templates for planning, assessment, adaptations and accommodations
- Provide professional development and support to departments regarding curriculum implementation and assessment practices aligned with re-designed curriculum
- Support teachers with adaptation and modification implementation
- Provide professional development opportunities, as well as resource and strategy support to school staff
- Oversee that appropriate adaptations and/or modifications are provided according to IEPs
- Collaborate with parents, special and general education teachers, and SEAs to develop IEPs
- Facilitate regular communication and collaboration between special education teachers, general education teachers, EAs, and parents
- Schedule School Based Team Meetings, IEP Meetings, and Department Meetings
- Attend weekly meetings with Student Services Director and Administration team
- Organize implementation meetings with teachers and EA’s
- Coordinate transition planning (PATH and Evergreen Portfolio)
- Contract professional support (SLP, OT, PT, TDHH, BA)
- Organize resource support from Provincial Resource Programs
- B.Ed with a Master’s Degree
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
- Knowledge and experience with the principles, best practice strategies, resources, and technologies in the education of students with special needs
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative consultation, oral and written communication, and problem solving
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least two professional references by email to the Principal, Mr. Rogér DesLauriers.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The person we are looking for should have a background in and passion for working with all students, including those with learning challenges and/or designations, as well as a willingness to work in the area of curriculum development for staff and students.
Overseeing or supporting the school in the area of extra-curricular activities will be expected.