2017/18 VINTA POSTING #84
Applications are invited from teachers with B.C. Certification for the following teaching position:
North Island Secondary School, Port McNeill, B.C.
1.0 fte Temporary: Math 9 and 10; AWMath 11; Science and Technology 11
April 3, 2018 to June 30, 2018
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- academic training, qualifications and recent successful experience teaching junior and senior secondary Mathematics;
- academic training, qualifications and recent successful experience teaching secondary Science and Technology;
- strong classroom management skills;
- the ability and energy to work with and meet the needs of students with a range of learning styles and abilities using a variety of teaching strategies;
- knowledge of the secondary graduation program requirements, secondary timetable and curriculum;
- demonstrated ability to motivate students and to adjust instructional strategies accordingly;
- the ability and desire to work closely with staff in a team-oriented approach to teaching and learning;
- strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills including the ability to communicate well with students, staff, and parents;
- strong formative assessment practices;
- ability to integrate technology to enhance student learning;
- strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
- ability to embed local First Nations culture into teaching practice.
Please contact Mr. Jay Dixon, Principal (250-956-3394) if you have any questions with respect to the assignment.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, résumé, transcripts, references and BC teaching credentials. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.