CASUAL/ON-CALL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
COMPETITION NO: S 21 CLK 021 CAS
Join the Abbotsford School District’s Administrative on-call pool. Assignments can vary from one day to several weeks covering for short-term leaves, special projects or during tight deadlines. This opportunity will open the door to gaining valuable clerical and administrative experience in our schools and various departments and allow the flexibility to apply your skills in a diverse environment.
The School District is looking for individuals who are self-starters, able to manage multiple priorities in a professional, efficient and timely manner in a rewarding and fulfilling environment that promotes teamwork and inclusiveness.
• Completion of grade 12, supplemented by business courses in office procedures, bookkeeping, and Microsoft Office Suite
• 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of administrative practices and procedures including basic bookkeeping and record keeping
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation
Successful candidates will be required to attend a clerical training program within the school district, during which time the hourly rate will be paid at minimum wage. Upon successful completion of training and subject to meeting all other hiring requirements, successful candidates will be placed on-call for work assignments.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience by 4:30 pm on December 25, 2020 to: makeafuture.ca
*The recruitment process includes assessment of administrative skills