WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
St. Francis of Assisi School is looking for a full-time office secretary for the upcoming school year. This position requires a close working relationship with the administrator, students, parents and teachers and therefore must possess very good people skills. The applicant must be comfortable and adept working with elementary school-aged children.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- deals effectively and diplomatically with people
- has an excellent command of the English language and is able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written form
- is able to organize and prioritize a varying workload
- is competent in Internet-related systems including Web-browsers and Email
- has knowledge of specific software program requirements including, but not limited to: Edsembli, MyEd BC, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Point, Adobe PDF documents, as well as the ability to learn other programs as the need arises.
- holds a current First Aid Certificate
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the direction and supervision of the Principal
- Performing clerical duties
- Answering phone calls and emails
- Recording and maintaining school records and files
- Processing registration/ re-registration
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, storing and distribution of school supplies
- Arranging and managing meetings and appointments
Although not a requirement, it would be preferable if the successful applicant could begin working before June 30, 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive and would be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to the school's Principal, Anne Yam at email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org