School District 51 is looking for Casual On-Call School Custodians interested in working in the Boundary Area. School District 51 operates on a 4-day week with schools open Monday to Thursday. Schools are located in Christina Lake, Grand Forks, Greenwood, Midway, Rock Creek, Beaverdell and Big White Ski Resort.
The work involves routine cleaning of schools and School District buildings including minor maintenance tasks and security of a facility. The work is physically demanding and involves walking, standing, stooping, reaching, lifting, moving furniture and carrying equipment in accordance with WorkSafe BC requirements.
· Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
· Completion of a Course in custodial or building services preferred
· Minimum 3 month custodial experience in an institutional setting
· WHMIS Certificate
· Must have the ability to perform physical labour and to be able to operate the required equipment
· Ability to utilize good cleaning practices and procedures
· Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices
· Must be flexible and accept assignments on short notice
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and have good organizational skills
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
· Ability to meet and deal tactfully with public and other staff members
· May be required to make minor job related repairs
· Perform other related duties as required
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates not currently employed by School District No. 51 (Boundary) must pay a $28 fee and sign a release to permit a criminal record review. Employment with SD51 (Boundary) is subject to passing this criminal record review.
School District 51 thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for these positions; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.