School District No. 83 is current seeking:
1.0 FTE Grade 2 French Immersion Teacher
This is a temporary assignment effective January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor Education (Elementary) with a French Immersion major;
- Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- fully bilingual in French and English;
- demonstrated successful French Immersion teaching or practicum experience with primary students;
- knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum;
- ability to differentiate instruction based on student needs;
- well-versed in and ability to integrate francophone culture in classroom;
- ability to comfortably work with and respond to a very involved parent community;
- ability to encourage the use of French Language as the mode of communication in the classroom and to integrate the language in real life situations;
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of current French Immersion instructional strategies and assessment
- excellent and proven classroom management skills;
- excellent communication strategies with students, staff and parents.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with full supporting documents using the Apply Online button below. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact our HR Admin Assistant Rachel Baker @ 250-804-7841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline date for receipt of application is: 12:00 NOON, WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 2, 2020.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER