The VSB Welcomes Applications for: On-Call Cafeteria & Food Service Workers
(Elementary School Hot Lunch Programs and Secondary School Cafeterias)
Cafeteria Teacher’s Aide 1 Salary: $25.46 (+14% in lieu of benefits)
Food Service Worker Salary: $21.09 (+14% in lieu of benefits)
Applicants must be available to work Monday to Friday between 7:00am and 3:00pm
In Elementary schools, reporting to the school Principal/Vice-Principal you will prepare simple desserts and food accompaniments, serve meals, order, receive, store and inventory supplies, train and supervise students with meal service, clean and sanitize the kitchen and serving areas, as well as maintain records for the program.
In Secondary schools, under the direction of the Cafeteria Kitchen Work Leader, you will provide assistance in food preparation, assist in setting up luncheon entrees and desserts, serve students, perform cashier duties, clean and sanitize areas and equipment, and assist in stock taking and inventory.
This position is on-call, but is busy throughout the year except during school breaks (Christmas, Spring Break, & Summer Break).
- Completion of Grade 12
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen and food service operations
- Experience working in a medium to large size restaurant or cafeteria
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects (min. 25 lbs.)
- Experience working as a cashier
- Ability to use email to place food orders with vendors
- Completion of an instructor's program in baking is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three reference names (supervisors only), email addresses and telephone numbers
- Letters of reference are an option
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.**
The District welcomes qualified applicants who value equity and diversity as essential to excellence. The distinct makeup of the VSB community strives to support the inclusion of all voices. You may wish to share some lived experiences that demonstrate your connections to our diverse student community.
The VBE has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VBE seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they self-identify as an Aboriginal person.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, ect.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.