The Montessori Elementary Teacher will provide an education and experience based on the Montessori Method in a multi-aged diverse classroom. This position works collaboratively with a team of educators and provides guidance to specialists.
The successful candidate
will have a deep respect for children, enjoy working with elementary aged students, develop
collaborative relationships with families, work well within a team, demonstrate leadership skills and
be a life-long learner.
Along with these inherent traits, a qualified candidate will have:
- Montessori Elementary Teacher Diploma (MACTE Accredited preferred) or willing to develop Montessori credentials
- BC Independent School Teacher Certificate or Professional Certificate of Qualification
- university education and background in French, drama, music, art, entrepreneurship or creative writing
- valid First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain before start date
- clear Criminal Record Check
- excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- experience in a Montessori Elementary Program for 3 or more years will be considered an asset
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and willingness to take on responsibility. The
compensation package includes professional development opportunity, personal wellness days, and