An innovative, inspiring and unified learning community
The Langley School District is accepting applications for a permanent Groundskeeper working 40 hours per week. Reporting to the Grounds Foreman/Leadhand, this individual performs a variety of tasks related to horticultural and grounds maintenance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Grade 10.
- One year experience.
- B.C. Driver's License.
- Completion of 3 related courses including basic Horticultural courses such as turf management or pruning; basic welding or small machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of the materials and methods used in related trades.
- Ability to operate in a safe and efficient manner a variety of hand and riding mowers, light trucks and trailers, and tractors under 30 h.p. with related grounds equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information.
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures.
- Physical ability to perform the required duties.
Qualified individuals must submit a complete application through the Make a Future job board
Note that applicants must open an account and apply to the appropriate posting.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Resumé including names and email addresses for at least 3 supervisory references
- High school diploma or transcript confirming completion of at least Grade 10
- Certificates or transcripts of horticulture courses completed
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.