POSTING NO. 2018/2019
Elementary and Secondary Generalists
Commencing as soon as possible
Gold Trail School District offers countless advantages to individuals working in our communities including small schools with small class sizes, small communities, a positive employment environment, family oriented schools that encourage and support parent involvement, Indigenous education programs, and much more. Visit www.sd74.bc.ca for information on our district.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant must have or be eligible for membership in the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch and possess:
• An understanding of the BC Performance Standards and a willingness to implement them to achieve assessment of and for learning.
• Successful classroom teaching experience.
• Knowledge and/or experience with the Primary, Intermediate and Graduation Programs and related
Prescribed Learning Outcomes.
• An understanding of formative assessment practices and commitment to using them to support student
• Successful experience integrating Indigenous culture and traditions into curriculum, or
• Familiarity with and understanding of local Indigenous culture and commitment to integrate it into the curriculum.
• Demonstrated experience establishing a welcoming learning environment that creates a sense of belonging for all students.
• Knowledge and practical experience with a balanced literacy program.
• A belief in child-centred teaching and individualized learning as well as group processes.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff, parents and
• Demonstrated successful experience supporting all students to be successful in their learning.
• Proven ability to establish a positive and proactive classroom management system.
• The ability to establish a positive and relaxed learning environment with high expectations for all learners.
• The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the greater community.
• A willingness to serve all schools/communities within the Gold Trail School District
Information regarding further specifics of the position:
Opportunities for employment as a Teacher Teaching-on-Call are commensurate with the individual’s interest and ability to serve all communities in the district. Individuals considering relocation to one of our communities will be afforded more and varied opportunities to support district schools.
Please complete the Application for Employment – Teaching Staff, form available on the school district website, www.sd74.bc.ca. Evidence must be given of your ability to fulfill the requirements and qualifications of the position by providing a cover letter, an up-to-date resume giving references, employment and education history, transcripts and current TRB membership. Clearly indicate the posting number and title of the position to which you are applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted by the undersigned
Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
PO Box 250, Ashcroft, B.C. V0K 1A0
The Gold Trail School District has received approval from the Human Rights Tribunal allowing preferential hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry. The District may give preference in hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry who possess the necessary qualifications over other applicants until such time as the percentage of staff of Indigenous ancestry in the School District is equal to the percentage of students of Indigenous ancestry in the School District.