Nelson Christian Community School (NCCS) is looking for a BC certified teacher with passion for the elementary years. We are a faith based Junior Kindergarten - Grade 8 school nestled in the Kootenay mountainside. Our community is vibrant in the arts and the outdoors. With access to both mountains and lakes, this is a fabulous community to be a part of.
NCCS believes in educating the whole child through Christ-centred academics, character, and service learning. We boast small class sizes, a variety of elective course offerings, as well as comprehensive covering of the BC curriculum.
Job description and requirements:
Successful applicants will demonstrate recent experience working in a elementary classroom. The successful applicant will also have knowledge and understanding in order to work with students who may have learning challenges.
• Bachelor of Education
• A valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position should have the following qualities:
• Knowledge of the new BC curriculum;
• Exceptional classroom management skills;
• Willingness to work closely with parents;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
• The ability to differentiate learning based on student need in a multi-grade classroom
• Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of assessment for learning strategies and the incorporation of those strategies in student learning;
• Knowledge of primary student development, specifically with regards to literacy and numeracy
• The ability to teach in a Christian environment and uphold our school Statement of Faith
Please ensure that all applicable documents are uploaded including a recent Teacher Report.