Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, invites applications for the position of Human Resources Manager. This position has a salary range of $82,750 to $103,438/year plus benefits package.
As an integral member of our HR team, you will take a leadership role with the opportunity to influence student success through the effective management of the employees that serve them. You will deliver a range of professional HR services that include staffing, post and fill, recruitment, investigations, grievance handling, job evaluation, disability management, and other Human Resource generalist functions.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Coordination of external recruiting - advertising, interviewing and selection;
• Managing internal posting and placement processes according to terms and conditions of relevant collective agreements;
• Coordination of the District's retirement, recognition and wellness functions;
• Management of processes and systems necessary to maintain employee records in the HR Information System and other databases;
• Provide assistance in the administration and application of CUPE and Teachers' collective agreements;
• Active involvement in labour relations matters, such as disciplinary investigations, contract interpretation, grievance handling, disability management and return-to-work processes;
• Support the development and monitoring of systems and procedures for all HR functions.
The successful applicant will have:
• Formal post-secondary education/training in Human Resources Management;
• Minimum of seven to ten years of experience as a HR generalist, preferably in a school district setting and/or in a large multi-union environment;
• Expert level of computer proficiency using HR and Microsoft Office software; and,
• CPHR designation preferred
This is an exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package. The successful applicant will be prepared to transition into this position at the end of June 2021.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application complete with resume outlining relevant background and work experience, and three (3) references no later than 4:00 p.m., May 21, 2021 to:
Executive Director of Human Resources
Central Okanagan Public Schools
1040 Hollywood Road S.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4N2
Applications can also be emailed
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Human Resources Manager
Vacancy" in the subject line.