HEATING, VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) MECHANIC
The Langley School District invites applications for a full time HVAC Mechanic. This is a permanent position starting immediately.
Duties are to install, maintain, repair, and program HVAC equipment and their control systems.
We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Apprenticeship and/or Trades Qualification Certificate in one or more of the following disciplines: HVAC Technician Diploma, Refrigeration, Power Engineer Certificate Instrument Mechanic or Plumber
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Class A or B Industrial Gas Fitter Certificate.
- A minimum of two year’s related experience in an industrial/commercial setting with HVAC DDC controls, HVAC equipment maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work sketches.
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the installation, maintenance and repair of heating, cooling and ventilation equipment and controls.
- Ability to read, write, and edit programming language
- Thorough and current knowledge of the standards, practices, methods, tools and equipment of the trade
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information
- Ability to interpret, analyze and use judgement in the application and modification of methods and procedures
- Advanced, proven knowledge of computers and control software
- Physical ability to perform the required duties
- Industrial refrigeration maintenance experience and/or knowledge of Delta, Reliable and Automated Logic DDC System an asset
Rate of Pay: $29.95 per hour
Qualified individuals please click on the link below for instructions on how to apply.
Langley School District
Successful applicant will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.