Hours per week: Up to 35 hour per week
Pay Rate: $22.20 hour
Driven by our desire to help students thrive in their academic and personal lives, the Saanich School District provides quality educational programs and a safe and nurturing learning environment for the over 7,000 culturally diverse students within its 18 schools. Serving the Saanich Peninsula located just north of Victoria, BC, the district has one of the highest graduation rates in the province and a student body that consistently scores well on annual assessment tests, thanks in large part to the dedication and efforts of our 900 teaching and support staff.
Under the supervision of the School Administrator and working closely with the School Administrative Assistant, performs general office duties.
- Provides front-office reception services and operates as the first point of contact
- Answers, screens and refers inquiries in person, by email or telephone (multi-line switchboard) from students, staff and the public and takes/relays messages
- Provides general office and administrative support
- Receives and posts daily school announcements to the school website, electronic monitors and school sign and distributes to subscribers
- Updates school website to ensure all information is current and accurate
- Receives student registration packages and ensures all accompanying documentation is provided
- Sorts and distributes internal documentation (report cards, invoices, photos, transcripts, interim reports, bus cards, student cards, certificates, etc.)
- Types documents, reports and correspondence
- Organizes filing system
- Creates and maintains student files ensuring accurate and current data, provides student files upon request, archives graduated students files, records requests in and out, reporting records movement to SBO on withdrawn students
- Provides first aid communication and emergency/radio support, administers minor first aid (e.g. distributes ice packs, band aids, alcohol wipes) and dispenses authorized medication
- Receives requests for student transcripts and collects payment at pick up
- Maintains records for locker assignments, student parking, field trips, etc.
- Enters student attendance records in the Student Information System
- Distributes student attendance summaries and principal's attendance letters on request
- Receives, tracks, publicizes and clears lost and found items
- Provides back-up coverage for Job 41, School Administrative Assistant, which includes reviewing attendance entries and timesheets for accuracy for submission to Payroll, checking in TTOCs and school sign-in
- Receives, sends and distributes mail and courier packages
- Orders supplies, maintains inventory and places service calls for office equipment maintenance
* Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by
the job description.
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Office Administration
- One year related experience in an office environment
- Minimum word processing speed 50 W.P.M.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet products
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.