St. Augustine School in Kitsilano is hiring a full-time daytime Facility and Maintenance handyman. Hours will be from 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
- We're looking for semi-skilled tradesperson with 3-5 years of experience and skills across a broad spectrum of maintenance/repair.
- We are looking for an employee not a subcontractor.
- The ideal candidate has a strong carpentry background and has a "can do" attitude.
- Excellent communication skills required to deal with our staff, students, parents, and subtrades.
- You must have a clean driving record (no DUI or suspended license) and pass a background check before being hired.
- Must be friendly with proper, clean appearance
- Reasonably proficient with computers, devices, and tablet/smartphone apps
- Takes pride in work and delivers a great product each time
- complete small to medium repairs,
- clean, disinfect and sanitize facilities
- improvement projects
- facilities maintenance
- moving items around the school (desks/equipment/supplies)
- assembly and repair
- yard clean up
- snow shoveling/ salting of walkways
- communicate with subtrades about work being completed
- ensure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of necessary equipment
- perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
Please, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org