WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
Our Lady of Fatima is a dual stream school (English and French Immersion. The successful candidate will teach grade six 2 days per week (days to be determined). Must be able to work together and collaborate with the present teacher and must have a knowledge of the grade 6 curriculum. Assisting with our co-curricular programs is required.
Questions regarding this job posting may be directed to Maria Katsionis, Principal, at MKatsionis@fatimaschool.ca.
ABOUT OUR LADY OF FATIMA SCHOOL
Our Lady of Fatima School is a Christ-centered community that strives to foster a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment. We are called to be witnesses of faith and to serve God in the very important mission of evangelization. We recognize the uniqueness of the individual and that learning is a life-long journey that embraces all members of our community: teachers, students, and parents. Our Lady of Fatima is in the growing and affordable city of Coquitlam, close to many shops, restaurants, community parks, and opportunities for a myriad of outdoor activities. The city is centrally located in the Greater Vancouver Area, and about a 30-minute drive to Downtown Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Learn more about us: www.fatimaschool.ca
1. Upload your resume and cover letter to your Make a Future or Apply to Education profile
2. Complete and add all required application documents on your profile
3. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.