An innovative, inspiring and unified learning community
The Langley School District is accepting applications for a temporary Trades Certified Plumber/Gasfitter working 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm ($33.22/hour)
Reports to the Plumber Foreman, and installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing and gas components and equipment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Apprenticeship, and/or Trades qualification certificate (Plumbing, including Class B Gas Fitter's Ticket)
- 2 years experience in an institutional/commercial setting.
- Cross Connection Control Certificate
- B.C. Driver's license.
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing and gas components and equipment.
- Thorough and current knowledge of the standards, practices, regulations, methods, tools and equipment of the trade.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work sketches.
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information.
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within the limits of established methods and procedures.
- Physical ability to perform the required duties.
Qualified individuals must submit a complete application through the Make a Future job board
Note that applicants must open an account and apply to the appropriate posting.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Resumé including names and email addresses for at least 3 supervisory references
- High school diploma or transcript confirming completion of at least Grade 12
- Certificates and tickets
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.