School District No. 27 is one of the largest employers in the Cariboo-Chilcotin Region with over 850 employees, serving approximately 4600 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in 22 schools. Tatla Lake Elementary/Junior Secondary serves approximately 30 students along the Highway 20 corridor. The school community is passionate about outdoor education and the landscape and outdoor learning structure provide the perfect space for learning opportunities!
Tatla Lake is situated 220 km west of Williams Lake along Highway 20 and is approximately half way between Williams Lake and Bella Coola. The community of Tatla Lake includes a store, post office, the Inn, the West Chilcotin Health Centre and our school, with accommodation provided nearby.
• Strong leadership skills and experience with elementary school programs and curriculum,
• Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication
and team building skills,
• A strong commitment to students and their diverse learning needs
• Solid understanding of and leadership with current trends in curriculum implementation, instruction, assessment practices and reporting, and improving student learning
• Diverse teaching experience, including multi-grade teaching experience, development of Individual Educational Plans and a high professional standard of teaching competence
• Clear evidence of on-going professional growth and involvement in professional activities
• Support and maintain a safe and caring school, and strong community relations
• Ability to foster intellectual, emotional and social growth in students
All applicants must hold a valid BC professional teaching certificate and a Master’s degree in Administration, Educational Leadership, Curriculum, Special Education or other relevant area.
We offer a competitive salary including a comprehensive benefits package, subsidized housing and a relocation allowance. To explore this career opportunity, please submit a detailed resume which includes at least three professional references who may be contacted, and proof of BC certification by May 6, 2021 to:
Taryn Aumond, Manager of Human Resources
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin)
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 250-392-4625
The District appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.