We acknowledge that our community is on the unceded, ancestral territory of the Stó:lo people and we benefit from local knowledge keepers and thriving Indigenous communities.
Mission Public Schools is dedicated to providing our students with an educational environment that nurtures the development of an Educated Citizen. Located in the beautiful Fraser Valley north of Abbotsford, Mission is a vibrant community of over 6200 students and 850 employees. We are committed to providing a safe, equitable, and inclusive educational system for all students in our 12 rural and urban elementary schools, two middle schools, one secondary school, a distributed learning centre, an alternative learning centre, and a vocational and technical college.
Due to a retirement, the District is seeking an innovative and progressive Business Manager for Ecole Mission Secondary School with a student population of approximately 1400 students. The Business Manager reports to the Principal and provides positive leadership and expertise in the overall operation and management of the school office. This position provides secretarial and accounting support to the Administrative team and is responsible for the general bookkeeping systems and financial reporting for the School. The incumbent manages and organizes the work of all secretarial staff in order to achieve school goals and objectives. As the ideal candidate you are an engaged, collaborative leader who promotes a strong student-centered approach in the department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication, problem solving and resolution skills.
- Exemplary management, administrative and organizational skills supported by a strong attention to detail.
- Ability, experience, and understanding to provide support and supervision of secretarial staff to enhance their growth as professionals
- Sound judgment with a high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- The skills and ability to interpret and apply School District policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the demands and challenges of a public sector business organization which seeks to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, deal with uncertainty, understand complex instructions and work with minimal supervision and instructions.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially in a team setting
- Culturally aware, sensitive and astute, you are cognizant of the issues affecting a diverse student population, including those specific to Indigenous communities in BC
- High proficiency in various software packages including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the internet, and various other publishing software.
Education and Certification:
- High school diploma and 2 years post –secondary education in Financial Management or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years office management experience.
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All interested applicants are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and resume, at least three supervisory references, copies of post-secondary education to Tina Phelps, Director of Human Resources to HRExempt@mpsd.ca by 4pm on Thursday, October 22, 2020.
The interest of all applicants is appreciated, however, acknowledgement may be made only to those selected for an interview. This position will commence as soon as possible.
Note: A clear criminal record, updated and reviewed every 5 years, is a district requirement for all MPSD employees.
For more information about MPSD, please visit our website www.mpsd.ca