PRINCETON ITINERANT COUNSELOR
1.0 Temporary full-time Itinerant Counselor, 0.50 at Secondary and 0.50 at Elementary, beginning September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling completed or in progress.
- Experience teaching elementary children.
- Valid B.C. Teaching Certificate and familiarity with B.C. curriculum.
- Experience and willingness to work as part of the Social Emotional Learning Team in creating and supporting District Initiatives.
- Experience/training in supporting the social emotional learning needs of students and leading school staffs in implementing such programs.
- Experience and commitment working with the School Based Teams to provide advocacy for and integrated services to students.
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to facilitate individual and group counselling.
- Proven experience and willingness to implement Tier 1 & 2 programs and strategies to support social emotional wellness across the school and school community.
- Knowledge of protocol in working with other agencies.
- Training or experience in supporting the needs of First Nations students.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
Observation of the Human Rights Code of Canada and being Culturally Aware to all is a requirement for this position.
Interested applicants should go to our district website at www.sd58.bc.ca which provides guidance on how to apply for teaching jobs in our district. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Teachers interested in further information regarding this position may contact the Principal, Mr. Bill Lawrence at (250)295-3218 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org