Applications are invited for this 0.75 FTE temporary Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) position in the Grand Forks and Christina Lake areas of School District No. 51 (Boundary).
Under the supervision of the Director of Learning, the successful candidate will become a member of our Special Education Team and provide speech and language services for both pre-school and school-age children who have communication challenges, as well as provide in-service training.
Our team includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, SLPs, psychologists, special education teachers and education assistants. We support evidence-based practice and believe effective therapy plans require strong communication and collaboration with team members and families.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Provide diagnostic, evaluative, therapeutic, rehabilitative and consultative speech services for pre-school and school-age children.
• Establish and maintain client records, as well as preparing written reports as required.
• Develop individual materials and programs for clients.
• Work independently and without general supervision.
• Provide public information and education regarding clients and services available.
• Practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Education & Experience:
• Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and current registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia.
• Minimum of two years related experience preferred.
• Valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a personal vehicle.
The SLP position is a member of the Boundary District Teachers’ Association. Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the Collective Agreement in effect between the Board and BDTA. Work schedule can be flexible.
NOTE: Selected candidates not currently employed by School District No. 51 (Boundary) must pay a $28 fee and sign a release to permit a criminal record review. Employment with SD51 is subject to passing this criminal record review.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.