Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
We are seeking an Alumni Coordinator to join our high performing Advancement Team. This role is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs, projects, and events that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
The Alumni Coordinator is the School’s advocate to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of Collingwood; partnering with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni Executive Board and the academic and administrative leadership. This role reports to the Director of Advancement. The successful candidate will be an organized, flexible, personable, and motivated individual who is looking to become a part of a vibrant educational community. The position is Full Time Permanent and will start immediately.
- Work closely with the Alumni Executive Board; arrange meetings, staff committees and ensure strong and productive relationships between the members and the academic and administrative leadership
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the School's strategic plan as well as the goals of the Alumni office in collaboration with colleagues within the Office of Advancement
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and publications
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
- Partner with Director of Enrollment to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process
- Plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for alumni
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser's Edge and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni program; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services and communications
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institute, alumni, other constituents and the public
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Excellent writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar constituent database would be an asset
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
Our “Must Haves”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by October 18, 2019 to: email@example.com
Please include the words “Alumni Coordinator” in your email Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.