School District No. 52 (Prince Rupert) is located within traditional Ts’msyen Territory on the beautiful north coast of B.C. and services the small communities of Hartley Bay and Port Edward in addition to the City of Prince Rupert. Currently we have one secondary school, one middle school, five elementary schools, one store-front site and one “on reserve” school (Hartley Bay, K-12). Our student population is approximately 2,000 students, 60% of which are aboriginal.
Our small community boasts an excellent recreation facility (ice arena, swimming pool and gymnasium), an 18-hole golf course, racquet centre, tennis court, museum and a 700-seat performing art centre.
School District No. 52 is an exhilarating place to work where new ideas and opportunities are embraced. School District No. 52 has often been described as “cutting edge” in terms of instruction and assessment practices and is well known for the forward thinking work of the Aboriginal Education and Support Services Department and their initiative and involvement in many projects.
Inquiries: Kathy Gomez
Applications will be received by:
Fax: (250) 624-6517
School District No. 52 has the following opportunity:
District Itinerant Teacher
Continuing, full time (1.0 f.t.e.) effective immediately
Necessary qualifications include:
• Bachelor of Education or the equivalent academic qualifications;
• Recent successful teaching experience and/or training;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Will work on an on-call basis to fill vacancies at all grade levels as assigned
• Will work in all schools including (primary, elementary, middle, secondary, French Immersion,
Aboriginal Education and learning services) as assigned.