School District No. 83 is presently seeking for
Late French Immersion Teacher Grade 7 Core
For a 1.0FTE temporary assignment effective September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Education;
- valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- fully bilingual in French and English;
- demonstrated ability of language instruction in a Grade 7 immersion environment;
- demonstrated successful teaching experience with middle school aged students;
- knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum;
- well-versed in and ability to integrate francophone culture in classroom activities;
- ability to comfortably work with and respond to a very involved parent community;
- ability to encourage the use of the French language as the mode of communication in the classroom and to integrate the language into real life situations;
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods;
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a grade level team, French Immersion team and the entire Shuswap Middle School team;
- understanding of middle school philosophy and adolescent development;
- understanding of restitution practices;
- commitment to involving parents in the learning of their children.
Shuswap Middle School is a welcoming, safe community that supports learning for all.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Wendy Woodhurst, Principal of Shuswap Middle School at email@example.com .
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.