New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity
CLERICAL & CENTRAL REGISTRATION MANAGER
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Associate Superintendent or designate.
- Oversees the Central Registration Office to ensure all district procedures and policies are followed in the registration and admissions process.
- Plans, schedules, directs, evaluates, supervises, and participates in the work of all district clerical staff.
- Acts as the primary contact with the Ministry of Education at the provincial level to oversee the timely submission of budget reports as required by the Ministry of Education.
- Liaises with District Human Resources and Payroll staff regarding staffing and personnel issues.
- Provides leadership and support for existing or new software, including but not limited to, School Connect, School Cash, Microsoft Office, and MyEducationBC
- Provides on-boarding support including training on a number of applications including MyEducationBC, KEV, and School Connect for new employees.
- Provides supervisory oversight at the Central Registration Office ensuring that all district policies and administrative procedures are implemented accurately.
- Designs and implements relevant registration and School Cash policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Ensures operational requirements are met by scheduling and assigning operational staff and following up on work results.
- Hires, supervises, empowers and enables clerical staff by planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Regularly uses highly developed analytical, leadership and communication skills in dealing with a variety of stakeholder groups and across a number of functional areas.
- Communicates and liaises with School District Leadership Team, Principals/Vice Principals, Administrators, CUPE support staff, teachers, suppliers and vendors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Secondary school graduation, supplemented by a Diploma in Business Administration or a relevant discipline.
- 4 – 5 years of office management experience, including supervision of staff in a unionized environment, or a minimum of five years’ experience working in senior administrative support positions.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of MyEducationBC and KEV and other applications being utilized in the school district
- Strong knowledge of district policies and administrative procedures related to registration, purchasing and financial reporting.
- Thorough working knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Advanced level computer skills working with a variety of software programs including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including well developed written communications skills.
- The ability to work effectively, efficiently, and accurately in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and prioritize a large and varied workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and to provide sound judgment.
This position offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits, including pension. Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to: Larissa Koke, Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Applications received prior to June 21, 2021 will be assured full consideration.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. School District No. 40 (New Westminster) is an equal opportunity employer. Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Search is a District Requirement. New Westminster Schools is committed to principles of inclusion and equity and invite any applicant in need of specific consideration when applying to bring such need to the attention of Mr. Robert Weston - Executive Director of Human Resources, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 604-517-6346.