The Catholic Independent Schools of the Nelson Diocese (CISND), hosts six elementary schools and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Catholic Independent Schools of the Nelson Diocese invites applications at this time for
Teacher on Call Positions for St. Joseph in Nelson, BC.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Successful teaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
In order to be considered for any position with CISND and to ensure timely processing of your application, all required documents must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. DO NOT SUBMIT EMPLOYER REFERENCE LETTERS.
The following must be included in your application:
Official University Transcripts (photocopy)
BC Teachers' Certificate - Candidates must posses a valid BC teaching certificate or be eligible for BC certification through the Teacher Regulation Branch of the Ministry of Education
Most recent evaluation report from each employer/practicum supervisor
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate
- If married, a copy of a Certificate of Catholic marriage
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Certified statement(s) of previous teaching experience
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada)
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License
- TQS (if applicable)