Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical
The Vancouver School District is an exciting, progressive and dynamic school district. Offering a wide range of educational opportunities for more than 50,000 learners from kindergarten to adults, Vancouver schools have an excellent reputation as being diverse an inclusive, and for providing outstanding, student-centered, choice programs. The School District has almost 8,000 employees, 112 schools, and $500 million operating budget with major capital projects underway.
The Vancouver Board of education is inviting applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor-Electrical. Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Maintenance, this position is responsible for the supervision and management of employees engaged in the specific trades and outside workers. The Maintenance Supervisor-Electrical will plan coordinate, organize and effectively supervise the work of these teams involved in maintenance of our approximately 250 buildings at over 100 sites.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervising employees engaged in specific trades, and may include supervision of a group of skilled or semi-skilled employees
- Coordinate the deployment of staff based on projects priorities; as well as liaising with contractors
- Ensuring proper methods and procedures are followed and are in compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements
- Estimating projects
- Managing budget and controlling expenditures
- Ensuring projects are completed within estimated time lines
- Works closely with the district’s Energy Manager in initiating and completing various energy saving projects
- Maintaining positive customer relations with a variety of Vancouver Board of Education staff as well as the public and outside agencies
- Participating in discipline interviews, investigations and collective bargaining as requested by Human Resources
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of grade 12 supplemented by at least five years in a supervisory role in a unionized environment
- Recognized journeyman trade or maintenance apprenticeship program in the electrical trade holding an “A” ticket;
- An equivalent combination of training/experience working in a supervisory/management capacity within a trade’s/maintenance environment.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references who have directly managed/supervised your work along with your application to this competition. This competition will remain open until filled.
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future please create a profile to apply for management positions.
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.