WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP ELEMENTARY
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary School is seeking a full-time secretary. The successful candidate will be highly skilled and would enjoy working in a school environment. The secretary will be trained and work with the present school secretary has 20+ years of experience and who is now moving to a part-time role.
Required skills include:
• An ability to multi-task
• A professional telephone manner
• An ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form
• Good organizational skills
• Competent in working with all aspects of Office 365
Of the highest importance are very strong people skills. The secretary engages with a variety of students, parents, and staff on a daily basis.
Salary and benefits are very competitive and would be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to the school's Principal, Lora Clarke at email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org