Southpointe Academy, an independent, K to 12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 545 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) and Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) World School. Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10 to 12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal, the Junior School French Teacher position will commence January 13, 2020.
- Completion of B.Ed. and one of the following from the B.C. Ministry of Education: Certificate for Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Ability to plan, teach and assess according to inquiry and concept-based approaches to teaching and learning;
- Commitment to the School’s extra-curricular program and/or coaching in the athletics program;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community;
- Experience teaching French to Junior School level students.
- IB PYP training and teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
Faculty Salaries and Benefits:
- Extended health and dental;
- RRSP matching;
- Salary based on the School’s approved Teacher Salary Scale;
- Subsidised school dining programme.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter;
- BC Teaching Certificate or Independent School Teaching Certificate number;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors, one of which must be from your most recent supervisor.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.