TEACHERS TEACHING ON CALL REQUIRED
Vancouver Island West School District 84 has openings on the
2019-2020 Teachers Teaching On Call list
for qualified applicants who are resident or willing to travel to any or all of
Gold River, Nanaimo, Tahsis, Zeballos, and Kyuquot.
The successful candidate will:
- have an exemplary work ethic, good communication skills and a proven ability to work as an effective team member to ensure success in this setting;
- provide a welcoming, safe, experiential, and stimulating learning environment appropriate to the learning needs of students;
- commit to the District’s and school’s goals to improve the success of First Nations students;
- deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- provide a hands-on, active classroom experience for student learning, including computer-assisted learning;
- understand and apply the BC Performances Standards;
- be able to incorporate a wide range of effective classroom management strategies that maintain the dignity of students;
- possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of IEP’s and Behavioural Plans for a number of students;
- commit to supporting the District’s and school’s goal to improve student literacy, and be familiar with and knowledgeable about current Literacy practices, including reading intervention strategies, assessment and evaluation techniques, best practices, and curriculum surrounding literacy;
- demonstrate skills and commitment to building rapport with students;
- be willing to teach in an outdoor setting as required;
- be willing to working in a collaborative, co-teaching model as required;
- supervise Special Needs Education Assistants who may be assigned;
- communicate with parents and guardians as required;
- have reliable transportation.
- Teaching certificate from the BC Ministry of Education issued through the Teacher Regulation Branch;
- Successful experience teaching in the BC public school system is preferred;
- Successful experience in supporting individual student learning in a multi-grade classroom is preferred;
- Willingness to teach at both the elementary and secondary levels is preferred;
- Experience integrating smart board technology into classroom teaching is considered an asset.
Applicants must submit a letter, teacher application form, resume, references, and teaching credentials to:
Annie McDowell, Associate Director of Human Resources
Vancouver Island West School District 84
#2 Highway 28, PO Box 100, Gold River, BC V0P 1G0
E-Mail: email@example.com www.sd84.bc.ca
Successful applicants may be required to complete short pre-employment courses prior to the
commencement of employment. Information will be provided.