The Langley School District
invites applications for casual Education Assistant - International Students Program. The successful applicant
will Report to the Principal or designate, the Education Assistant providing assistance related to the placement of International Students at the school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives international students and assists students and guardians with processing of course planning and necessary forms.
- Acts as a contact person for school with parents, agents, and homestay parents, providing information as required.
- Develops and maintains data base files of homestay information, IS students, homestay families and IS home addresses.
- Liaises with teachers and agents regarding the progress of international students.
- Compiles ISP enrolment and report card information as required by District.
- Maintains files on international students including collection of monies for District, visa/immigration forms and any School District forms.
- Attends coordinators and homestay meetings for the school.
- Liaises with school, staff, homestay family an<;! agents for students with issues and problems that may arise.
- Provides support to international students in the classroom.
- Operates equipment such as computer, fax, photocopier.
- Performs other assigned comparable duties which are within the scope of knowledge, skills and abilities required by this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by post secondary multi-cultural coursework combined with office procedure training, computer and recordkeeping
- One year's related experience
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in contacts with parents, public, staff and students
Ability to determine, judge, and select appropriate course of action within limits of established rules and procedures
- Working knowledge of computers
- Good knowledge of Business English, spelling and punctuation
- Valid BC Driver's License.
Preference will be given to candidates who can speak a second language such as Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Japanese, and Spanish.
Rate of pay is $26.58/hour.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resumé including names and email addresses of 3 professional references
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Transcript showing completion of post secondary multi-cultural coursework
- Dogwood / transcript showing completion of Grade 12
- Any other relevant post-secondary certificates
Note that we accept electronic applications only. We are unable to respond to follow-up phone calls or emails.
Successful applicant will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.