Assumption Catholic School is located in Powell River, BC. Our tight knit faith based school community enrolls approximately 120 students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 taught by our vibrant staff. Powell River is a beautiful community of approximately 13,000 residents located in the Traditional Territories of the Tla’amin First Nation. Surrounded by the ocean, forests, plentiful lakes Powell River residents partake in a wide variety of cultural, sporting, and recreational events in the stunning landscape and have affordable housing options. Our community is an attractive option for young families who love the outdoors, the support a small community can bring, and being surrounded by a nature’s peaceful presence.
We are seeking a temporary custodian for an indefinite period of time commencing immediately.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and disinfecting building interior, fixtures and windows. This includes garbage removal, sweeping, vacuuming and wet mopping floors.
- Responsible to secure doors and windows
- Performs minor maintenance on doors, windows, school furniture and other fixtures.
- Assists with seasonal clean ups which include stripping and waxing floors and washing walls, desks, furniture etc
- Ensures tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Follows proper safety rules and standards by ensuring the work site is safe and secure, that equipment is operated according to set standards and the proper and safe handling of hazardous materials (W.H.M.I.S.). Informs the Head Custodian of vandalism.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the Principal
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have a current pastoral reference that they are active in a Catholic parish
- have experience in commercial cleaning or school cleaning
- are able to read and comprehend written instructions and safety bulletins
- are able to work with the public
- have good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- are well organized
- can work independently
Application Deadline: Submit a resume to Mrs. Lisa Berg, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.