Temporary – French Immersion (Education artistique 9, Education au choix de carriere et del la vie 10)
Position: Temporary – French Immersion (Education artistique 9, Education au choix de carriere et del la vie 10)
Location: Windsor Secondary School
Start/End Dates: Start July 1, 2020 / End December 31, 2020 or earlier/later depending on return of employee
Salary: Salary and Benefits as per the Teachers’ Collective Agreement
NATURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The successful applicant will be responsible for: implementing the BC Curriculum; providing differentiation strategies to meet the needs of all learners; assessing in a cumulative approach; and providing authentic embedded Indigenous content and perspectives. The final details of the assignment will be determined based on the completion of the school organization.
• A Bachelor of Education Degree (Secondary), specialising in French Immersion Education.
• Successful experience teaching French Immersion at the Secondary level.
• Native-like fluency in French and English.
• Successful completion of senior university course work in French Immersion Methodology or completion of a French Immersion Training Program.
• Experience in and knowledge of content and processes contained within the Elementary French Immersion Language curriculum.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES and EXPERIENCE
• Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and demonstrated teaching ability.
• Comprehensive understanding of curriculum coupled with demonstrated ability to interpret curriculum appropriately to accommodate individual differences.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement a variety of assessment practices to measure and monitor student progress effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to organize for instruction to maximize student potential.
• Confidence and proficiency in using instructional organizers, concepts, and strategies that actively engage all students in learning.
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability to structure and organize instructional strategies to enhance academic learning time.
• Practical knowledge of district initiatives in reading so that reading skills and strategies can be taught explicitly across the curriculum to insure reading success.
• Strategies to identify learning difficulties early, understand obstacles to learning, and implement effective intervention to maximize academic success.
• Knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant computer technologies to teaching and learning.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Evidence of personal initiative and strong work ethic.
• Demonstrated successful and creative classroom experience.
• Demonstrated ability to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to the needs and demands of the profession.
• Willingness to be involved in professional development, with an ongoing commitment to learn and implement new methodologies and strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff to enhance the school as a learning community.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Possession of a BC Teaching Certificate
• Membership in the BC Teacher Regulation Branch.
• A member of the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association and the BC Teachers’ Federation.
If interested in applying, please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package (please complete ALL sections of the portfolio: Experience, Education & Referencesand answer all questions).
- Minimum of three(3) professional teaching references with names, titles, and email addresses. (References should be qualified and experience educator who have observes your skills and abilities in a school setting/environment)
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary