The Abbotsford School District provides instruction to over 19,000 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The district employs approximately 2,200 teachers, administrators and support staff who are all dedicated to delivering leading-edge instruction and support for students. Located in Abbotsford, British Columbia - one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada. We are committed to providing learners of all ages and abilities with a multitude of innovative programs and educational support. We are guided in what we do by our mission statement "Preparing and inspiring our students for a lifetime of success through respect, opportunity and innovation".
DATE: 12 OCTOBER 2018 TIME: 10:00 AM
POSTING REFERENCE NO: T 19 TDS 059 TEM SCHOOL: DISTRICT STAFF – LSS @ CORE
COMMENCEMENT DATE: ASAP F.T.E.: 0.2 (SCHEDULE TBD)
CONTRACT: TEMPORARY (ASAP TO 09 APRIL 2019)
TEACHER - ITINERANT
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent.Must be registered with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC).
- Must be certified with Speech-Language and Audiology Canada, (SAC).
- Must be able to provide a continuum of services ranging from consultation to direct speech-language therapy to school-aged students with a wide variety of communication difficulties.
- Demonstrated ability to work with school-aged children.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of School Based and Integrated Case Management teams.
- Demonstrated ability to administer, score and interpret standardized and informal assessments.
- Demonstrated exemplary problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration for IEP development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to liaise with outside agencies.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated exemplary organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a highly effective team member.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Effective written and oral interpersonal skills.
POSTING CLOSES DATE: 13 NOVEMBER 2018 TIME: 10:00 A.M.
Please apply directly to HrRecruitment@abbyschools.ca
Please include the following with your application package:
Resume of qualifications and experience
Copies of teacher evaluations or final practicum evaluation reports
Letters of Reference
Copies of your University transcripts to date (Photocopies are acceptable)
Copy of your current teacher certificate
Copy of your Teacher Qualification Service Card