Open until suitable candidate is hired
Desired start date by March 2020
The Bridge Educational Society is seeking an experienced Executive Director to join our rapidly growing organization. Our campus houses both the Okanagan Waldorf School and the new Early Years Centre – birth to school age care programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet the goals of our strategic development plan. In this role you will be the ‘face’ of The Bridge Educational Society in business and public affairs, working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Parent Community, the organization personnel, and the public. You will lead staff and volunteers to reach significant fundraising and enrollment goals. Our campus serves a wide, yet close-knit, community in which we place a high priority on communication, recognition, and collaboration. We are in search of an Executive Director who is aligned with the foundational tenets of Waldorf education and will enhance our culture and values through positive servant leadership.
PERSONAL AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Executive leadership skills with experience managing budget, development, and fundraising
- Be a highly collaborative, results-oriented, adaptable, problem-solving self-starter who seeks feedback to continue professional growth
- Values process and continual need for understanding individuals and situations
- Have experience in or desire to work in a Waldorf educational organization
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working with or in an organization that holds a school entity
- Be positive, thoughtful, passionate, motivating, and empowering with staff and students
- Possess an understanding of and a commitment to high academic standards within the BC Ministry of Education
- Be organized and computer literate, with proficiency in email, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Docs, etc.
- Graduate degree in Education, Organizational Leadership, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 5+ years of educational or non-profit leadership experience
- Must be able to be legally employed in Canada
AREAS OF GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Work effectively with the Board of Trustees
- Promote and oversee financial performance and viability
- Promote organization mission and strategic goals
- Work effectively in the organization operations
- Collaborative oversight and evaluation of curriculum development
- Support effective admissions and enrollment practices
- Coordinate effective Human Resource practices
- Focus on oversight of daily operations and campus development
BES offers competitive wages and a nourishing work environment with a supportive and proactive communication policy. We are currently a WECAN developing school and an AWSNA associate school.
Full job description available to qualified applicants during hiring process.
Interested candidates should respond immediately with the following:
- Cover letter
- Current applicable certifications/licenses
- Three references
BES Hiring Committee: