Vancouver College, a Christian Brothers School founded in 1922, is a Catholic school for boys with over 1,000 students from K - Grade 12. The school is well known for its spiritual program, outstanding academics, an expansive extra and co-curricular program and high caliber teaching staff.
Approaching its Next Century of providing inspiring education for young men, Vancouver College has embarked on a process of continuous improvement, pedagogical transformation and campus renewal; as it leads the way in innovative practice while honouring its deeply rooted traditions.
The policy of Vancouver College is to hire, when available, qualified Catholics, who in addition to carrying out their professional responsibilities will model the values espoused by Blessed Edmund Rice as articulated by the schools Essential Elements.
- 6-month position (January 6, 2020, to June 30, 2020) with a possibility for renewal
- Experience teaching Visual Arts
- Related content knowledge
- Ability to work cooperatively with the colleagues within his/her department and across the school
- Full participation in student-learning and extra-curricular activities outside of the school day
- Strong working understanding of differentiated instruction as it applies to teaching in an all-boys school
- Strong working knowledge of current pedagogy, sound assessment practices, and learning empowered by technology
- Demonstrated commitment to extra-curricular and co-curricular endeavors is an expectation
Priority Consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Current pastoral reference confirming that he/she is a practicing Roman Catholic
- Certificate of Qualification issued by the BC Ministry of Education
Application Deadline: Submit a resume to Mr. Johnny Bevacqua, Principal of Vancouver College, care of email@example.com by December 9, 2019.
Employment Start Date: January 6, 2020