START FACILITATOR CASUAL/ON-CALL
WHO WE ARE
coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the
natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity
of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our 25
elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2600 staff and 16,000 students
offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility
and collaboration. We are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to
learn, share and grow with us in “the natural place to work”.
important, play-based early childhood learning environment, you will encourage
adult and child participation in a variety of developmentally appropriate
activities including stories, music and art, providing support for family
literacy, and helping to connect families with community resources. One of the
goals of this program is to model for parents and caregivers a variety of
strategies and learning environments designed to enhance optimal early
childhood development. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to
be called out up to 4.1 hour per day and 20.5 hours a week.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) certificate with a current licence to practice
- Food Safe certificate
- You are knowledgeable in best practices related to parenting and the wide variety of community-based resources available to families.
- The ability to maintain program records (including those of a confidential nature), you are able to plan and implement a play-based education program for pre-school aged children.
- Ideally, you have also supplemented your ECE certificate with Infant/Toddler certification and basic First Aid
- At least one year of experience working with young children, from infant to pre-school, in a registered or accredited child care centre.
This is a casual, on-call, unionized
current rate of pay is $30.03 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
(total = $34.23/hour).
candidates are required to submit to a BC Ministry Criminal Record Check and a
local Police Criminal Record Check as condition of employment.
Applying to this posting is a two-step process:
1. Create your profile on Make A Future,
2. To apply click "APPLY ONLINE" at the bottom of this posting.
At the North Vancouver School District, our values guide what we do. We support diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and schools; we welcome and respect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents of all our employees and students.
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
*All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
** The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.**