Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
Senior Buyer - Purchasing & Administrative Services
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Department: Purchasing & Administrative Services
Position Type: Temporary until December 2018
Hourly Salary: $32.57
(Annual Salary: $59,277.40)
Hours of Work: 7 hours per day
Start Date: October 2017
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical and resource support to Division
- Successfully manage the procurement process for a variety of commodities
- Prepare specifications and contract wording for written competitive procurements, analyze and recommend best value
- Negotiate contracts
- Place and track orders and expedite as necessary
- Maintain vendor files
- Maintain varied records of purchasing statistics, descriptive lists, work-in-progress, schedules and completed files, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of all information, documentation and processes
- Keep up-to-date on market conditions, price trends, and bring unusual matters of developing price trends to the attention of supervisors with supporting analysis and recommendations
- Prepare cost estimates
- Liaise with other departments regarding budget allocations, commitments and price structures
- Plan, assign, and supervise the work of a small group of staff in a team environment
- Perform other duties within the job band as assigned
- Completion of Grade 12 plus completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP) or similar supply chain education from a recognized education institution
- Minimum of 4 years' related supply chain experience or a combination of related education and experience
- Experience in public sector procurement preferred
- Required experience in: assembling, issuing,and awarding competitive procurements, report writing and contract preparation
- Must possess sound judgement, independent decision-making, problem solving and strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) systems and Microsoft Word and Excel
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Three reference names (must be supervisors) with their email addresses and telephone numbers
**Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview**
In accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
- Once you have
created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this
ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad.
You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to
the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will
automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your
application to the competition has been received.