School District #49 (Central Coast)
Posting # T152-17/18
June 20, 2017
Sir Alexander Mackenzie School
Continuing Teaching Position
Applied Design Skills Technology & French 8-11 (1.0 FTE)
September 1, 2017
Are you a qualified teacher? Would you like to live in rural community? Teach in a school with small class sizes? Do you like the outdoors? What if you could go fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, canoeing, kayaking, snowmobiling, hunting, skiing, mountain biking and more right from your doorstep? If any of this appeals to you then the Central Coast School District is the place for you. For potential teachers we can offer a wonderful opportunity to both work and play in a small rural setting which offers one of the highest salaries in the province. Bella Coola / Hagensborg is home to the Nuxalk First Nation so you will be immersed in First Nations culture and traditions.
Sir Alexander Mackenzie School is a grade 6-12 school boasting small class sizes, an emerging trades program, an evolving learning commons/library, upper level sciences and math programs, a strong culture and language program and an excellent outdoor education program. Working in small class sizes, and using your progressive 21st Century teaching methods, sound curriculum development strategies and effective classroom management style, you will challenge our students towards reaching their full potential.
- Recent success as a French and Applied Design Skills Technology classroom teacher;
- Demonstrated ability to unpack the new curriculum (core and curricular competencies);
- Experience with design thinking (Maker-space, robotics, coding) and inquiry based learning
- Knowledge of Aboriginal World View and understanding;
- Have familiarity with In-classroom Learning Technologies and applications (SMART Notebook, Solo6, Kurzweil, Office365, Google Apps/Gsuite, Student Response systems) will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Myeducation BC will be considered an asset;
- A proven ability with assessment as and for learning strategies;
- Successful experience integrating local Indigenous culture and traditions into curriculum, or
- Familiarity with and understanding of local Indigenous culture and commitment to integrate it into the curriculum;
- The ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can accommodate the learning needs of all learners;
- A proven ability to develop a positive learning environment in the classroom and evidence of strong organization and classroom management skills;
- A commitment to and successful experience working collaboratively in a team setting.
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and the greater community;
- Be willing to submit to a local criminal record check.
This position may include other assigned duties.
Applications containing details of education, relevant experience and references are being accepted until position is filled and should be submitted to: email@example.com
Mr. Jeremy Baillie
Principal, Sir Alexander Mackenzie School
PO Bag 130
Hagensborg, BC, V0T 1H0
Phone: (250) 982-2691 Fax: (250) 982-2319