Employment Opportunity: Director of Community Services
Sasuchan Development Corporation, a wholly owned business venture of the Takla Lake First Nation, operates the Takla Trading Post at Takla Landing, BC, providing a retail store, hotel, and restaurant. Sasuchan also delivers other services to the community and is in the process of developing additional business and service opportunities for the Takla Lake First Nation. In support of these retail and hospitality sector businesses, and to accelerate the development of other community services, Sasuchan is seeking an experienced business manager to assume the role of Director of Community Services.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business or a related field, business management experience, preferably in the retail or hospitality sector, and a proven track record of building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with communities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Build extensive and meaningful relationships with the community, Keyah members, and other stakeholders within the traditional territory
- Lead, in conjunction with the Management Team, the development of the Company’s strategy with respect to community services, the Takla Trading Post, community internet services, and other specific functions to be assigned;
· Develop, lead and oversee the implementation of the Company’s long and short term community services plan in accordance with its strategy;
· Directly manage the Takla Trading Post. Ensure the store, restaurant, hotel and other services are appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy and business plan;
· Develop and maintain the Company website and branding of the organization, products and community services in consultation with the Management Team and Takla Lake First Nation;
· Ensure that expenditures of the department are maintained within the authorized annual budget of the Company and as directed;
· Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place to carry-out the community services function;
· Ensure that the activities undertaken maintain the social, environmental, and cultural values of the Takla Lake First Nation;
· Conduct planning, organizing, and coordinate programs on behalf of Sasuchan as directed;
· Provide a monthly report to the Management Team with respect to the Takla Trading Post’s financial and operational progress;
· Immediately report and disclose any identified risks or safety concerns to the Management Team;
· Sit on committees of the Takla Lake First Nation where appropriate as determined by the CEO;
· Provide project management, contract administration and performance management consistent with organizational goals, targets and the annual plan; and
- Abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
This role is located in Prince George, British Columbia and would require frequent vehicle travel to remote locations within the Takla Lake Traditional Territory. A competitive salary and travel package will be provided.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receiving applications: June 26, 2017
Thank you for your interest in this position. We regret that we can only acknowledge and contact those selected for an interview