School District #49 (Central Coast)
Posting # T195-19/20
August 21, 2019
Nusatsum Elementary School
Temporary Intermediate Elementary Teaching Position (1.0 FTE)
September 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 or until return of the incumbent
Are you a qualified teacher? Would you like to live in rural community? Do you like the outdoors? What if you could go fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, canoeing, kayaking, snowmobiling, hunting, skiing, mountain biking and more right from your doorstep? If any of this appeals to you then the Central Coast School District is the place for you. For potential teachers we can offer a wonderful opportunity to both work and play in a small rural setting offers with one the highest salaries in the province, as well as an allowance for moving expenses. Bella Coola / Hagensborg is home to the Nuxalk First Nation so you will be immersed in First Nations culture and traditions.
A temporary (1.0 FTE) Intermediate Elementary teacher is required by School District #49 (Central Coast). The assignment will be at Nusatsum Elementary School effective September 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020 or until return of the incumbent. Interested teachers who are a member or who are eligible to become a member of the Teacher Regulation Branch are invited to apply. Assignment may change depending on enrollment and curricular needs.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal World View and understanding.
- A team approach to school planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of new curriculum.
- Recent success as an intermediate elementary classroom teacher.
- Experience in teaching First Nations students.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills and proven ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other educators in a collegial team setting.
- Experience teaching and planning with an inquiry-based, student-centered approach that is engaging and personalized to the needs of young learners.
- Proven ability to teach literacy skills through “best practice” strategies.
- Knowledge and experience in working with special needs students and support staff with a focus on differentiated instruction in the classroom.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of a diverse group of learners through a broad array of teaching strategies and differentiated instruction.
- A strong commitment to positive and consistent engagement and communication with parents and other stakeholders.
- A classroom management style that focuses on structure, consistency, mutual respect, self-regulation and stress mitigation that provides safety and security for each learner.
- Ability to carry out a variety of assessments, including classroom observation, curriculum-based assessment and diagnostic teaching methods.
- Be willing to submit to a local criminal record check.
Applications containing details of education, relevant experience and references are being accepted until filled and should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Kevin Gianakos
Principal, Nusatsum Elementary School
PO Bag 130
Hagensborg, BC, V0T 1H0
Phone: (250) 982-2691 Fax: (250) 982-2319