Learning Services Teacher - Elementary - Continuing
Sherwood Park Elementary School – 1.0 FTE
Reference #TE-2021-012 - LSTE - 005
WHO WE ARE
From coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2600 staff and 16,000 students offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration. Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the North Vancouver School District is a great place to learn, share and grow!
We are working on our school action plan in 1) Literacy and 2) SEL. The successful candidate will need to lead and support several initiatives including data collection for self-regulation pilot program, literacy support in decoding, reading comp, and reading fluency, leadership and facilitation of the Second Step Program, and organizing EA scheduling and supports.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Demonstrated commitment to
excellence in teaching.
- Excellent verbal, written,
facilitation and organizational skills.
- Displays social-emotional
competencies of self-awareness, empathy, flexibility, relationship-building and
- Within a collaborative
environment, develop a comprehensive understanding of curriculum with the
ability to influence instruction, assessment, indigenous education and
social-emotional learning practices.
- Ability to implement
effective strategies to engage and support academic success for all learners in
an inclusive environment
- Experience in designing and
applying various assessment techniques to measure and monitor student progress.
- Committed to professional
development with a desire to learn and implement new methodologies and
strategies to provide a creative, engaged, and inclusive classroom experience.
- Demonstrated ability to
apply relevant computer technologies to teaching and learning.
- Collaborates with students,
parents and staff to enhance the school as a learning community.
- Must possess valid certification or eligibility for certification through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
- A Bachelor of Education Degree in Elementary Education.
- Successful experience teaching at the Elementary level.
- Masters Degree or Diploma in Special Education.
- Successful completion of a university Level B testing course and related intervention courses.
- Successful experience and demonstrated ability in using Ministry Special Education criteria to set up and implement adapted and modified programs.
- Successful experience and demonstrated ability in creating extensive, individualized education plan for students.
- Demonstrated skill in developing instructional and behavioral strategies to assist classroom teachers.
- Strong communication skills in dealing with parents, teachers and School Based Resource Team members.
- Knowledge and experience in adapting and or modifying instruction for students who have developmental disabilities such as autism and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Training and experience with augmentative technology, UKERU, and personal care would be an asset.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- As per the Teachers’ Collective Agreement
HOW TO APPLY TO THIS POSTING:
- Create your profile on Make A Future,
- To apply click "APPLY ONLINE" at the bottom of the posting.
- Please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package.
- Please complete all the sections including Experience, Education & References and answer all the corresponding questions.
- Minimum of three (3) professional teaching references who have observed your work as a teacher.
- For each referee, please include the names, titles, and email addresses and your professional relationship.
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary
All candidates are required to submit to a BC Ministry Criminal Record Check and a local Police Criminal Record Check as condition of employment.
*All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
At the North Vancouver School District, our values guide what we do. We support diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and schools; we welcome and respect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents of all our employees and students.
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
** The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.**