Choice School Early Primary Classroom Teacher
Choice School for Gifted Children in Richmond, B.C. is a ministry-designated Special Education School that specializes in providing an emotionally nurturing and intellectually challenging learning environment for gifted students in grades K through 8. Choice provides an educational context in which gifted children can thrive in small classes with innovative programming, skilled teachers and extensive specialist support.
We are inviting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) position at the early primary level beginning August 24th, 2020 and extending to June, 30th 2021 or beyond. Our current need is for a candidate who:
· Has expertise and prior successful experience in early childhood education.
- Has a a clear understanding of the developmental trajectory of early primary students
- Applies their understanding of early childhood development to the design of a developmentally appropriate program
· Understands how to personalize instruction to accommodate the needs of students with a special education profiles
- Creates an environment that fosters the development of the whole child, and celebrates each child’s creativity, competence and their unique understanding of the world
· Recognizes the value of learning in a ‘smart context’
· Is able to team teach and plan collaboratively
- Is familiar with and committed to curriculum planning and teaching through Problem-based learning, Critical Thinking, Inquiry and Understanding by Design
· Is an articulate communicator
· Is fluent in formative and summative assessment practices
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a current Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter that describes the applicant’s educational philosophy, contact information for three professional references, and a copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Qualification from the Teacher Regulation Branch.