School District No. 83 is current seeking:
Itinerant Vision Teacher
To work a 0.1FTE continuing assignment effective immediately.
- Master’s degree or diploma in the education of the visually impaired
- A valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- Successful classroom experience and experience in modifying and adapting curriculum;
- Knowledge of IEP process and the writing of goals/objectives and transition plans;
- Share in the development and implementation of the IEP with Learning Resource Teachers;
- Maintain and report IEP progress data and complete required documentation for audit purposes;
- Skills in oral and written communication and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work with other members of a school or department to accomplish common goals;
- Assist general education teachers in understanding the needs and learning characteristics of students with visual impairments;
- Assist in making environmental adjustments to the school;
- Provide assistance to general and special education teachers regarding curriculum and activities of the classroom that, as a direct result of the students’ visual impairment, require adaptation or reinforcement for the student;
- Provide low vision aides and instruction in skills for use;
- Instruct in visual skills;
- Share responsibility for ongoing assessment and program planning;
- Consulting services provided to classroom teachers and other school personnel;
- Share resources and educational information with parents concerning students with a visual impairment;
- Maintain communication with other personnel such as CEAs, transcribers, O & M specialists and career/vocational education staff;
- District liaison to PRCVI and other involved outside agencies as required;
- Completes bimonthly reports on caseload to District Administrator of Student Learning and shares monthly schedule.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Christine Love – District Administrator - Student Learning at (250) 832-1027.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER