Fraser Academy is seeking two passionate and motivated Junior School Homeroom Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
Fraser Academy is a fully accredited day school, which focuses on educating students in Grades 2-12 with language-based learning disabilities. Students are taught in small class sizes with up to ten students. Each student receives one-to-one language training daily and works with a variety of subject specialist teachers.
Fraser Academy is also an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
- Teach Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Mathematics or Learning Services
- Design and implement course outlines, unit plans, lessons plans, and assessments that correspond with B.C.’s New Curriculum
- Implement school wide programs into teaching, including Executive Functioning, Building Cognition, and Character Development
- Support the development of the Individual Education Plans for each student in your classes
- Collaborate with faculty members to ensure students receive the highest quality education and programming
- Provide ongoing feedback to students and parent/guardians regarding student progress
- Participate in co-curricular activities that enhance students’ experiences at school
- Demonstrates patience and flexibility as a teacher
- Motivates and engages with a range of learning styles
- Provides a safe and positive learning environment for all students
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary communication in English (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
- Experience teaching reading using a structured literacy approach
- Experience using education technology within the classroom (interactive projectors, Google Apps, iPads)
- Bachelor of Education
- BC teacher certification
Preference will be given to those with Orton Gillingham certification or those available for online training from July 6 through 17, 2020 and those with experience teaching students who have learning differences. A Class-4 License or willingness to obtain one is also an asset.
Start date: August 27, 2020
Please apply online.