INDIGENOUS SUPPORT TEACHER
The Position(s): Our district is seeking a BC-certified teacher (or be in the process of certification with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch) for a 1.0 Limited Duration Contract position (This is a one-year position with an annual reposting/renewal option to extend up to three additional years):
- Indigenous Education Department:1.0LD Gr. 7/8 teacher (all subjects) to work with the Indigenous Education Department and students from the Takla Nation. (Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are preferred.)
SD No. 57 is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic professional full-time teacher who is eager to “think outside the box” when making connections between hands-on learning and curricular outcomes.
Applicants must possess a British Columbia Certificate of Qualification and be prepared to:
• Work in a collaborative/team environment to implement BC's Education Plan and the Redesigned Curriculum;
• Use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, digital portfolios, voice‑mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes;
• Work towards the fulfillment of the program objectives through collaborating with the Takla Nation leadership, program facilitators, education resource personnel, the students and their family; and
• Support in facilitating educational initiatives that will involve overnight (up to one week) field trips into remote locations.
Preference will be given to those applicants who demonstrate:
• Two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
• A strong background in making connections between the BC curriculum and First Peoples Principles of Learning;
• Experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
• A strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
• Experience in developing Learning Plans to address specific student learning needs; and
• (have) Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
How to Apply:
Please apply to the specific posting at https://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/central-bc/prince-george/ 1) Click ‘Apply Online’ to sign in/register; 2) Apply to this job posting; and 3) Check your ‘Job Application Log’ to confirm that you have successfully applied.
Your application must include:
· a letter of application and resume;
· a Bachelor of Education (Elementary or Secondary) degree;
· a valid BC Teaching Certificate (or proof that you are in the process of certification)
· a TQS card (or information about your current status);
· teaching/practicum reports;
· post-secondary transcripts; and
·3 current professional references and their email addresses.
By application, candidates give permission to the Prince George School District to contact any references or any past or present employers named in the application. This posting will remain open until filled. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Director of Indigenous Education: Pam Spooner, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Rankin, District Principal, Human Resources, email@example.com